Before using this facility, you must read and agree to the Acceptable Use Guidelines.
Acceptable Use Guidelines
NETWORK ACCESS POLICY. If Applicable, internet ("Internet") and network access ("System") may be provided by service provider ("Provider") to the Facility by the Landlord. The use of the Services by Tenant(s) is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Tenant acknowledges that Tenant is receiving the Services selected directly from the respective providers, Owner is not a provider, and Owner has no liability to Tenant for equipment failure, quality, quantity, availability, or outages of the Services.
2. To provide the Services, certain equipment, including amplifiers, distribution cables, lock boxes, connectors, splitters, wall plates, and other appurtenant devices may need to be installed in Tenant's apartment. Tenant shall allow each provider's service personnel reasonable access to the Tenant's apartment for purposes of installing, maintaining, repairing, replacing, or removing this equipment, as well as for auditing, selling, or disconnecting its Service.
3. Tenant agrees not to damage the equipment, and agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Owner harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, costs, expenses (including legal fees and court costs), and causes of action arising out of, or in any way relating to, actions or inactions by Tenant, including, but not limited to, any amounts Owner is required to pay to cover the costs of any such damage to any provider.
4. Owner reserves the right to switch providers at any time for any reason, change the quantity and quality of the Services provided, or discontinue the Services to the Property at any time and for any reason at its sole discretion.
5. Any breach of this Addendum is a default under the Lease. Additionally, if any portion of Tenant's rent is delinquent, and Owner provides Tenant written notice of the delinquency, and Tenant fails to pay the delinquent amounts within 3 days after receipt of notice, Owner may be permitted by applicable laws to request that the providers interrupt or terminate the provision of Services to Tenant's apartment (even if Tenant subscribes to enhanced services beyond those Services covered by this Addendum) until all delinquencies are brought current.
6. Video/Internet Services Provisions. The use of the Video/Internet Services by Tenant is subject to the following terms and conditions:
(a) Tenant agrees to contact the Provider directly to order any additional video-related services other than the bulk Video Services described and for all concerns involving the connection, reception, or repair of the Video Services.
(b) Tenant agrees to contact the Provider directly to order any additional Internet-related services other than the Internet Services described and for all concerns involving the connection, operation, or repair of the Internet Services.
(c) Any use of the Internet Services that inordinately drains bandwidth, such as hosting one or more web sites, operating peer-to-peer file-sharing software, or running one or more servers directly from the Property, is prohibited. Tenant may not use the Services to operate an Internet-based business.
(d) Any Tenant who receives the Internet Services in his or her apartment shall not install network devices, whether wireline or wireless, to enable any person who does not reside in Tenant's apartment to access the Internet Services. Any wireless network device installed by a Tenant must comply with applicable FCC rules and regulations, and must not interfere with the Services or wireless systems operated by Owner or any service provider at the Property.
(e) Tenant shall: (a) install, operate, and regularly update anti-virus software on Tenant's computer; and (b) install and regularly update any operating system patches available for the operating system running on Tenant's computer. If, as a result of any failure to comply with the preceding sentence, the Internet Services provider's ability to provide the Internet Services to Tenant or others at the Property is adversely affected, Tenant may be disconnected from the Internet Services until such time as Tenant demonstrates to the Internet Services provider's reasonable satisfaction that Tenant's computer is free of viruses and the operating system is updated.
(f) Owner is not liable to Tenant for any losses incurred as a result of day trading, e-commerce, or other financial transactions and activities engaged in by Tenant using the Internet Services. If Tenant uses the Internet Services to engage in any of these activities, Tenant does so at Tenant's own risk